What is an escape room? An escape room is a physical adventure game in which players are placed in a room and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles and escape within a set time limit. The games are physical versions of “escape the room” video games. Will I actually be locked in the room? Is it scary? No, you will be able to leave the room at any time. However, you will lose if you leave the room before completing the mission.
Mystic Valley Escapes ROOM RULES
- You have 1 hour to escape the room
- Do not touch things that have the no hand sign on them. These items may be used as clues but you will not need to move them from their location.
- You will not need to use anything from outside of the room. You may use your cell phone as a calculator or flashlight but do not take pictures of the puzzles.
- Do not unplug any cords, doing so may prevent you from escaping.
- You will not need to climb on furniture or lift anything heavy. Nothing is under rugs, chairs, dressers, or in the room vents. Nothing is in the outlets.
- Communication is essential! If you find a lock or something that you think may be a puzzle, talk to your team members. They may have seen something that matches it. This is meant to be a team activity and you will do much better if teamwork is your top priority.
- Write down codes as you find them and cross them off as you use them so you don’t try using them again. Each code will only be used once.
- Look for things that match other items in the room.
- The puzzles are not designed to be hard. They are designed to get you to think outside of the box!
- We can see and hear you in the room. If you need help, please ask!
- You will get as many hints as you need. Sometimes we may give you a hint just to get you on the right track. If you ask for a hint, the entire group needs to agree that you want to take one.
- Try combos more than once or check the code with the game master if you are unsure of why a lock is not opening.
Booking Options COMING SOON!